Posted on February 4, 2010 by coolrain44
You’ll Know The Current Recession Is Over…..
- When lines at the unemployment office are shorter than the lines at the gas station.
- When you don’t have 100 or more people competing for one open job position.
- When your mailbox gathers more unsolicited credit card offers than payday loan offers..
- When the amount you make on commission at work is more than you pay your baby-sitter.
- When you can no longer count mail-in rebates as income.
- When you stop bringing your own drinks, candy and munchies to the “bargain matinee” movies.
- When you get that empty room back again after your college-aged (or older) son or daughter find a job and move out.
- When you have a retail or online business and you no longer need more storage space to put things that you can’t sell.
- When there are more car ads on television than ads for depression meds.
- When you can finally put your house back on the market for more than it’s actually worth.
- When family or friends stop calling for a “small favor”… which actually turns out to mean a “small loan”.
- When patients at their psychiatrist appointment go back to talking about how much they hate their mother-in-law, rather than how much they hate the government for getting them into this financial mess.
- When people stop trying to cram their lives/possessions into a single “carry-on” tote to avoid that $20+ checked baggage fee.
- When you can afford the fuel to fill your lawnmower again and put the goat back to pasture.
Filed under: Amusing & Humorous Observations, just for laughs | Tagged: recession, recession humor, the recession is over when |