Do you remember those days when you used to think that the remote control was the height of technological advancement? Even email has been around since 1969 but didn’t take hold commercial til 1988. Well – looks like it’s time for a reality check. Read on to see just how far you’ve come since those prehistoric times.
You know you’ve made it through 2009 when….
1. You accidentally enter your PIN on the microwave.
2. You haven’t played solitaire with real cards in years.
3. You have a list of 15 phone numbers to reach your family of four.
4. You e-mail or instant message the person who works at the desk next to you.
5. Your reason for not staying in touch with friends and family is that they don’t have an e-mail address or a Twitter account (or for that matter Facebook or MySpace).
6. You pull up in your own driveway and use your cell phone to see if anyone is home to help you carry in the groceries.
7. Every commercial on television has a web site at the bottom of the screen.
8. Leaving the house without your cell phone, which you didn’t even have the first 20 or 30 (or 50) years of your life, is now a cause for panic and you turn around to go and get it.
10. You get up in the morning and go online before getting your coffee.
11. You text your kids in the next room to tell them dinner is ready.
12. You start tilting your head sideways to smile. : )
13. You’re reading this and nodding in agreement while laughing.
14. Even worse, you know exactly to whom you are going to forward this message.
15. You are too busy to notice there was no #9 on this list.
16. You actually scrolled back up to check that there wasn’t a #9 on this list.
……………….. You’re now actually laughing at yourself!! 😛
Now Go On……….
……….Forward this to your friends…..
………………..You know you want to!!
For more info about when email starting changing our lives, click here.
Filed under: Advice & Wisdom, Amusing & Humorous Observations, Express Yourself, just for laughs, Nostalgia, Pot Luck & Miscellaneous | Tagged: 2009, amusing thoughts, funny, funny but true, living in 2009, you made it |