Life can be frustrating at times… and sometimes over the smallest things. It’s during those times that we just need to take time out, step back and think of the things we’ve learned or perhaps the knowledge we acquired by doing it the ‘wrong way’ the fist time around. Those are the times we just need to remember WHAT the Rules of Life really are…
So here’s a simple reminder of some of the wise things we’ve learned over the years.
Apply them again as necessary! :P
Living By The Rules of Life
(1) – In Life, you need only two “tools” — WD-40 and duct tape.
If it doesn’t move and it should — use WD-40.
If it moves and shouldn’t — use the tape.
(2) – The 5 most essential words for a healthy, vital relationship are:
“I apologize” AND “You are right.”
(3) – When you make a mistake… make amends immediately.
It’s easier to eat crow while it’s still warm.
(4) – Never give yourself a haircut after three margaritas.
(5) – Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.
(6) – The best advice that your mother ever gave you was:
“Go! – You might meet somebody!”
(7) – If he/she says that you are too good for him/her…..
(8) – Learn to choose your battles wisely – You need to ask yourself…
‘Will this matter one year from now?
How about one month? – One week? – One day?’
(9) – Never pass up an opportunity to pee.
(10) – If you woke up breathing…..
Congratulations! ….. You have another chance!
(11) – Living well really is the best revenge…..
Being miserable because of a bad or former relationship just might mean that the other person was right about you after all.
(12) – Be really nice to your friends because…..
You never know when you are going to need them to empty your bedpan.
(13) – The real art of conversation is…..
Not only to say the right thing at the right time, but also to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment.
(14) – That no matter how serious your life requires you to be…..
Everyone needs a friend to act goofy with.
(15) – Sometimes all a person needs…..
Is a hand to hold and a heart to understand.
(16) – I accept good advice gracefully…..
As long as it doesn’t interfere with what I intended to do in the first place.
(17) – Light travels faster than sound.
This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
(18) – Opportunities always look bigger going than coming.
(19) – We cannot change the direction of the wind…..
But — we can adjust our sails.
(20) – I Don’t Have An Attitude Problem…..
You Have a perception problem!
(21) – How long a minute is…..
Depends on which side of the bathroom door you’re on.
And About The Kids……….
(22) – You spend the first 2 years of their life teaching them to walk and talk…..
Then you spend the next 16 telling them to sit down and shut-up.
(23) – Grandchildren are God’s reward for not killing your children.
(24) – Be nice to your kids.
For one day they’ll be choosing your nursing home.
THE 12 BASIC HOUSE RULES
….. just a simple reminder
If you had the opportunity to add any of your own tips from lessons you’ve learned, please drop me a comment so I can share your advice with other viewers…
Filed under: Advice & Wisdom, Amusing & Humorous Observations, Food For Thought, Pot Luck & Miscellaneous Tagged: | house rules, knowledge acquired, knowledge gained, lessons learned, living by the rules, rules of life