I’m now aware of 7 companies offering TOLL FREE 411 INFORMATION to anyone using either a landline or cell phone. Now if you’re using a mobile phone, depending on your plan, you will still have to pay for your minutes you actually use, of course. You might want to test these out and see which one works best for you. Websites have been included wherever possible for more info.
In exchange for listening to a 10-second ad, you can use this free 411-like service. A nice bonus is that it can text (SMS) you the information you’re looking for.
- Call 1-800-373-3411
- Listen to a 10-second ad.
- Follow the voice prompts, asking for your location and business name/type.
- Get your desired information by phone or by text.
Simply Dial 1-800-843-4636
1-800-THE-INFO is the number to call for free business numbers and addresses. Get the info you need for shops, restaurants, andlocal businesses. Get it fast and get it free. Save yourself some dough. The next time you need to know a number or an address fast, call 1-800-THE-INFO.
It’s like Directory Assistance. Except for some key differences. You can search by the TYPE of business you’re looking for. Also, if you want to search by neighborhood, landmark or intersection, we can recommend nearby businesses and services.
- Call 1-800-466-4411
- State the location (“Oakland”) and business name or category (“Golden Lotus”/”vegetarian restaurant”).
- Choose/confirm the business you want to contact.
- Google will connect you.
Place a free call to 1-800-YELLOWPAGES – (1-800-935-5697), listen to brief five to ten second ads, and then get the number you want. All for free, thanks to the advertisers who pay for the calls.
By phone or by cellphone Web
Tellme allows you to call a toll-free number and get information such as stock quotes, directions, movie and weather information, or get richer information if you have a Web-enabled phone or Blackberry. It can also text (SMS) you the information.
- Call 1-800-555-8355
- Say one of the following words below.
- Get the information you requested.
You can request any of the following:
- business (“Coffee”, “Starbucks”)
- “sports” – scores, game times, updates
- “news center”
- “stock quote”
- “travel” – taxis, planes, rental cars, hotels
- “entertainment” – horoscopes, soap opera news
- Call 1-800-Bing-411 (1-800-246-4411) for free.
- Connect directly to businesses for free.
- Share listings with friends.
- Receive text messages of local listings.
- Hear the latest traffic reports, personalized to your route
- Hear turn-by-turn driving directions, or get a text message
- Find movie showtimes and theater info
- Listen to current weather and forecasts
1-800-411-SAVE Rolls Out Free Directory Assistance Nationwide
1-800-411-SAVE is a pioneer provider of free directory assistance services. Supported by advertisers, 1-800-411-SAVE provides free residential, government and business listings (by name or category) via live operators. While the listing is retrieved, callers hear a brief, relevant advertising message often containing a promotion or special offer. The 1-800-411-SAVE service is an excellent alternative to costly directory assistance services and is fast, easy and 100% free.
Filed under: 411 Info, Cell Phone Secrets, FREEbies, Money Savers, Resource Directory, Tips & Tricks | Tagged: 411, cell phone, directory assistance, FREE, info, information, landline, mobile, phone, save | Leave a comment »