They say that knowledge is power. You’re never suppose to be through acquiring or learning new things just because you’re out of school. Learning should be a lifelong process. Learning something new everyday can assist in making you wiser and helps keep your mind intact by acquiring and absorbing more information. Just like exercise is good for your body, learning something new is basically exercise for your brain. It keeps your mind sharp. Studies have shown it may also be a good way to help delay or fight against dementia.
Some of the facts you’ll find here may already be familiar to you. Some you may even have doubts about. All of the information contained here was derived from multiple sources both on as well as offline. Who knows — It may even prompt you to seek more information if your curiosity gets the best of you!
1. – Did You Know? ….. Mosquito repellents don’t really “repel”. All they actually do is hide or “camouflage” you. The spray blocks the mosquito’s sensors so they don’t know you are there!
2. – Did You Know? ….. The first CD pressed in the United States was Bruce Springsteen’s “Born in the USA.”
3. – Did You Know? ….. Dentists have recommended that a toothbrush be kept a minimum of 6 feet away from a toilet to avoid airborne particles that result from the toilet being flushed.
4. – Did You Know? ….. If you chew gum while peeling onions, you won’t tear up or cry.
5. – Did You Know? ….. No piece of paper can be folded in half more than 7 times.
6. – Did You Know? ….. Honey is the only food that doesn’t spoil.
7. – Did You Know? ….. You burn more calories sleeping than you do watching television.
8. – Did You Know? ….. In a deck of cards, the king of hearts is the only king without a mustache.
9. – Did You Know? ….. Venus is the only planet that rotates clockwise.
10. – Did You Know? ….. Apples are more efficient at waking you up in the morning than . – caffeine.
11. – Did You Know? ….. Most dust particles in your house are made from dead skin.
12. – Did You Know? ….. The more intelligent you are, the more zinc and copper you have in your hair.
13. – Did You Know? ….. Pearls melt in vinegar.
14. – Did You Know? ….. Thirty-five percent of the people who use personal ads for dating are already married.
15. – Did You Know? ….. Turtles can breathe through their butts.
16. – Did You Know? ….. Butterflies taste with their feet.
17. – Did You Know? ….. A rat can last longer without water than a camel.
18. – Did You Know? ….. In 10 minutes, a hurricane releases more energy than all of the world’s nuclear weapons combined.
19. – Did You Know? ….. Your stomach must produce a new layer of mucus every two weeks or it will digest itself.
20. – Did You Know? ….. Elephants are the only animals that can’t jump.
21. – Did You Know? ….. Only one person in two billion will live to be 116 or older.
22. – Did You Know? ….. Women blink nearly twice as much as men.
23. – Did You Know? ….. It’s physically impossible for you to lick your elbow.
24. – Did You Know? ….. Our eyes always remain the same size from birth, but our nose and ears never stop growing.
25. – Did You Know? ….. By raising your legs slowly while lying on your back, you cannot sink into quicksand.
26. – Did You Know? ….. An ostrich’s eye is bigger than its brain.
27. – Did You Know? ….. There are no words in the American dictionary that rhyme with orange, purple and silver.
28. – Did You Know? ….. TYPEWRITER is the longest word that can be made in the English language using the letters from only one row of the keyboard.
29. – Did You Know? ….. Because metal was scarce during World War II, all Oscars given out during the Academy Awards were made of wood.
30. – Did You Know? ….. The first couple to be shown in the same bed together on prime time TV were Fred and Wilma Flintstone.
31. – Did You Know? ….. “Go,” is the shortest complete sentence in the English language.
32. – Did You Know? ….. A crocodile cannot stick its tongue out.
33. – Did You Know? ….. If you place a tiny amount of liquor on a scorpion, it will instantly go mad and sting itself to death.
34. – Did You Know? ….. The average number of people airborne over the United States at any given hour is approximately 61,000.
35. – Did You Know? ….. The Guinness Book of World Records holds the record for being the book most often stolen from public libraries.
Filed under: Did You Know?, Facts & Figures, Fun 'N' Games, Fun Stuff, Strange & Weird Stuff, Trivia Blast | Tagged: amazing facts, amusing facts, bizarre facts, interesting facts, odd facts, oddities, strange but true, strange facts, trivia, trivial facts, unknown facts, unusual facts, useless information, weird facts | 2 Comments »