Ridiculous, Stupid and Yet Funny Warning Labels that you have to see to believe!
In today’s world our lawsuit-obsessed society has forced product manufacturers to cover their “you-know-whats” by attaching warning labels to protect us from ourselves. Some are funny, some are absolutely ridiculous, but all are guaranteed to stand up in the court of law. Enjoy!
1. Child-size Superman and Batman costumes come with this warning label: “Wearing of this garment does not enable you to fly.”
2. A clothes iron comes with this caution: “Warning: Never iron clothes on the body.” Ouch!
3. The instructions for a medical thermometer advise: “Do not use orally after using rectally.”
4. The side of a Slush Puppy cup warns: “This ice may be cold.” The only thing dumber than this would be a disclaimer stating: “No puppies were harmed in the making of this product.”
5. The box of a 500-piece puzzle reads: “Some assembly required.”
6. A Power Puff Girls costume discourages: “You cannot save the world!”
7. A box of PMS relief tablets has this advice: “Warning: Do not use if you have prostate problems.”
8. Cans of Easy Cheese contain this instruction: “For best results, remove cap.”
9. A warning label on a nighttime sleep-aid reads: “Warning: May cause drowsiness.”
10. Cans of self-defense pepper spray caution: “May irritate eyes.
11. Both boys and girls should read the label on the Harry Potter toy broom: “This broom does not actually fly.”
Here, for your continued enjoyment are 20 more of the dumbest examples of this phenomenon:
- CD Player > Do not use the Ultradisc2000 as a projectile in a catapult
- Electric Router > This product is not intended for use as a dental drill
- Chainsaw > Do not attempt to stop chain with hands
- Dishwasher > Do not allow children to play in the dishwasher
- Fireplace Log > Caution, risk of fire
- Sleeping Pills > Warning: May cause Drowsiness
- Underarm spray deodorant > Do not spray in eyes
- Hair Dryer > Never use hairdryer while sleeping
- Laser Printer Toner > Do not eat toner
- Small Wheeled Wheelbarrow > Not intended for highway use
- TV Remote Control > Not dishwasher safe
- Car Windscreen Sun shield > Do not drive with sun shield in place
- Bathroom Heater > This product is not to be used in bathrooms
- Air Conditioner > Do not place hand in fan whilst fan is running
- Bicyclist’s Shin Guards > Shin pads cannot protect any part of the body that they do not cover
- TV Set Manual > Do not pour liquids into the TV
- CD Player > Warning: Dangerous warning inside
- Birthday Candles > Do not use soft wax as earplugs or any other function that involves insertion into body cavity
- Baby Stroller > Remove baby before folding
- Aim-n-Flame Fireplace Lighter > Do not use near fire, flame or sparks
This list was sourced from the book “Unusually Stupid Americans” published in 2003 by Villard.
Filed under: Amusing & Humorous Observations, Dumb & Stupid Stuff, Express Yourself, just for laughs | Tagged: dumb, dumb people, dumb warning labels, funny labels, funny warning labels, ridiculous labels, stupid, stupid labels, stupid warning labels, warning labels |