Milk Does A Body Good … Actually
Believe it or not, there is NO other beverage that contains a more complete nutrition package than a glass of milk. When compared to calcium-fortified foods and beverages, milk is not only one of the least expensive choices for meeting those daily calcium requirements, but it also provides a healthy dose of eight other essential nutrients, including the following…..
- Bone-strengthening calcium – Calcium helps build bone mass, maintain bone density and may also help control blood pressure.
- High-quality protein – The protein in milk contains essential amino acids – About three glasses of milk provides about half the protein adults need each day.
- Potassium – Potassium is crucial to regulate the balance of fluids in the body. Cup for cup, milk has 10 times as much as an equal serving of the leading sports drink.
- Vitamin A – The vitamin A in milk contributes to normal vision. It also helps regulate cell growth and maintain the integrity of the immune system.
- Vitamin D – Vitamin D helps promote the absorption of calcium and optimal bone mineralization.
- Carbohydrates – Carbohydrates provide an important fuel for active adults.
- B Vitamins – B vitamins such as B-12, niacin and riboflavin are necessary to convert food to energy for exercising muscles.
- Phosphorus – One glass of milk provides 20 percent of an adult’s daily phosphorus requirement, which helps strengthen bones and generates energy in your body’s cells.
- Water for hydration – 90 percent of milk is water so it can help provide fluid to keep the body hydrated.
Filed under: Healthy Eating & Nutrition | Tagged: benefits of milk, bone density, calcium, carbohydrates, carbs, do we need milk, does your body need milk, got milk, health, important nutients, is milk good for you, is milk important, milk, milk does a body good, nutrition, potassium, protein, vitamin A |